Monday, June 24, 2013

Evil email: extortion in the church

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

This past week, I received a very evil email.

The person said "God" told him to write me.  He said if I gave money to him God would bless me, implying that if I did not send him money God would somehow hurt me.

I did not answer this email.  I just deleted it.

As I thought about it, I remembered pastors who used scripture this way when they took up an offering.  They would quote a scripture and imply if we wanted to be blessed by God we would need to give to them.

I know this is not true.This is extortion in the church.  Paul said to put away from us those persons in the church who are extortioners. (I Cor. 5:11-13) When the pastor does this, using scripture to extort money, to threaten people and frighten people into giving money to him, we need to leave that church group.

I belong to God and curses such as the above will not happen to me.  And the above examples are curses.  But they have no power.  They have no more power than crossing yourself or lighting candles in religious ways.