Friday, June 21, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 27:1 ... The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


The Lord is the Word ... The word spoken to us by the Holy Spirit is great light.  The Holy Spirit may remind us of a scripture as we are walking about on this earth ... Or the Holy Spirit might quicken us with a scripture as we read the Bible ... or we might be given a dream ... or God might speak a word to us through another person.

Regardless of how we receive that Word from God, the important thing is the word on the issue at hand.  It gives us strength to go in the way of God.  Until we have God's word on the issue, we are without an anchor. And it is only by the Holy Spirit that we know the will of God.  We cannot find it with our own mind by reading the Bible.  Strange as that sounds, the Bible without the Spirit of God can put us into bondage.

II Cor. 3:6 ... (God) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

I like to read the Bible when I am at total peace.  When I am troubled over something, I pray and wait.  I usually do not read Bible when I am troubled.  I have to settle the matter with God first through prayer and through hearing that which brings me peace.  Then I can read Bible safely.