Saturday, June 1, 2013

Answers to prayer

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist


I have a friend, Joyce. Many years ago she came to my apartment each morning to help me get James (autistic son) dressed and on to his school bus. There were times when Joyce didn't show up, so I  would have to keep James home for that day. One day she told me that she was an alcoholic. She also claimed to read the Bible. After she told me this I said, "we need to pray." So we prayed and asked God to deliver her from alcohol. The amazing thing is He did deliver her, and she hasn't touched a drop since.


After a while Joyce left the company she worked for, and became a school teacher. During this time I had no one to help me get James on his bus. I just kept praying and asking God to help me and show me what to do. Well shortly thereafter the bus company was changed. On the first day I went outside to tell the bus driver and matron that I could not get James out of the building to get on the bus. Then the matron (a male) said "Don't worry, the driver can watch the other children. I will come upstairs every morning, get James dressed and on the bus." What a blessing.