Wednesday, June 26, 2013

God gives dream to show me what to do

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The last week of March, 2012, I was given the following dream:  A woman was signing and I was listening.  I said, "She has a little voice ... it is not a great voice ... but it is a nice little voice" ... and then I saw other people there and my eyes were opened and I saw the Internet was a way to share with the church in a way similar to the instruction given by Paul.

Paul said ... I Cor. 14:26 ... (concerning what we are to do when we gather as the church) ... How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.


... a psalm ... is actually prayer ... The psalms are prayers ... Someone in the congregation might have a prayer.  Not a prayer request but a prayer where that person prays, speaking things that glorify God.  The scripture psalms are examples of this.

... a doctrine ... a belief or set of beliefs held by the church, by scripture

... a tongue ... NT tongue in Acts 2 were other languages unlearned by the disciples but those listening to the disciples could hear the teachings in their own languages ... There is a scripture which says God will speak in "other tongues".  I have wondered if dreams are a type of another tongue.  Certainly we are free to share dreams with the church when we have interpretation.  Tongues shared with the church must be accompanied by interpretation (I Cor. 14:28)

... a revelation ... A "revelation" is God opening our eyes to see something we have not seen before.  For example:  Mt. 24 ... disciples asked Jesus, what is the sign of your coming and the end of the world ... Jesus replied:  Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.  One day, God opened my eyes and I saw what Jesus was saying here is the following:  "Many shall come in My name saying, I, 'Jesus', am Christ ... and because they come saying Jesus is Lord the church will hear them and because of this they gain entrance to the church where they can deceive many."  When God reveals a scripture to us, that is a "revelation".

... an interpretation ... the act of explaining the meaning of something.

And in I Cor. 14:26, Paul says:  Let all things be done unto edifying.

To edify means: to build up the church in the ways of God ... to strengthen the church in ways of God ... like constructing a building, we are built precept upon precept, line upon line ... brick by brick ... doctrine by doctrine ... 

All things done in the gathering of the church are done to edify, build the church, in the ways of God. 

When I had that dream and knew we could do this on Internet, we set up a "blog" for the purpose of sharing as the church.  It is set up so all are free to share by the Spirit of God.  There is even a place where you can click to send to us things from the Spirit of God.

When the church gathers it was not supposed to be a one man show as most groups are today.  All were free to share by the Spirit of God ... (Please read:  Booklet #5:  The New Testament Church) 

This is the way this Internet site was set up and what we try to do so that all may be edified in the ways of God.