Sunday, June 16, 2013

Let not your heart be troubled

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said ... Jn. 14:27 ... Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


A few years ago, I was going to an eye doctor concerning glaucoma.  He told me the pressure was very good.  It was being controlled with eye drops.  Then he said, "But what concerns me is your loss of vision."  I had just taken a test that is supposed to show levels of vision.  I was terrified.  Of course I turned to God.  I ended up changing doctors.  The second doctor scheduled me for the same test and I didn't want to take it because of the previous disclosure.  Then something came to my mind:  God has never told me I would go blind.  The Holy Spirit shows us things to come.  (Jn. 16:13)  I purposed to rest in this word.

The various things of this world frighten us.  But Jesus is saying, Do not allow your heart to be troubled.  Do not allow your heart to be afraid.  Rest in that which God has shown you concerning the issue at hand.  Have faith in God.

Please read: Dealing with destructive thoughts