Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Warfare in heaven above our heads

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Sometimes we have a type of warfare raging and we don't know why it is happening.  In such times, I usually just get very still and don't try to do anything.  I talk to God.  I rest in God.  And I wait.  And as I wait I usually just read secular books to pass the time.  Daily I awaken wondering if everything will be okay again that day.  When I then try to work in Bible, I find I still can't do that so I just stop and talk to God and wait.  Sometimes this goes on for several days.  And then it breaks like a fever.

As I thought about this, I was reminded of the example in Daniel, Chapter 10 ... And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.   12Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. 13But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.  14Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.


An unseen warfare was going on in heaven between this angel who was sent to Daniel to deliver the message from God and "the prince of the kingdom of Persia" who withstood the angel.  And it went on for 21 days.  Then it broke and the angel got to Daniel with the message.

In Eph. 6, Paul says ... For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 


Sometimes it is like we can't get through.  When there is no reason, we simply put our faith in God knowing HE will work it out and we wait, passing time until it is straight again.