Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Proverbs 30:5 ... Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


The word of God can be a "word" that is not a scripture.  But regardless "every" word spoken by God by HIS Spirit is pure whether it is a scripture or a non-scripture.  

Here is an example of a word of God that is a non-scripture.


When I owned my business in 1975, a woman took me to court over a matter.  Before the court trial, I heard the following word:  "Don't testify."  Each time I prayed, trying to confirm this word as being from God, I would hear:  "Don't testify" ...

I told my lawyer that he might not want to represent me but I was not going to testify at the trial.  He said he would still represent me.  He said we had the testimony of Flo who worked for me and he would use that.


The trial began in the court of law:  During the first day of the trial, my lawyer came to me and said Flo's testimony didn't go as well as he had hoped it would and if I would testify he knew we would win the case.  I told him I would see ... So I went into the restroom at the court house and prayed and I heard:  "Don't testify." When I heard this, I said to God, "I certainly hope You know what we're doing.  We could lose this case!"

 I returned to the court area and shook my head "no" to my lawyer.

The trial continued for two days.  I was acquitted of the charges that had been brought by the woman.

This was the beginning of God training me in the subject of faith in God.  There were many other opportunities during the next 30 years.  Faith is simply hearing a word from God by HIS Spirit ... believing the word ... doing that word.

Certainly we have to confirm that the word we have heard is from God ... even when the word is a scripture still we must be sure that scripture is from God by His Spirit for we know the devil can quote scripture.  (Mt. 4 ... Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written,  He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God )

But once we have confirmed through prayer that the word we heard was from God, we act on that word, doing as it instructs, and we hold fast to that word in the specific issue at hand.