Friday, October 10, 2014

I didn't want to see the truth about a business

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth.  Jn. 14:25 & Jn. 16:13

Sometimes we do not want to see the truth.

In this example, I didn't want to see the truth about the owner of a company.  I had purchased glass fireplace doors from this company.  I'm switching from gas FP to wood.  After the work had been done to remove the gas logs, I went to the company to select the type of glass doors which had to be special ordered.  While there I told them I needed some long matches.  I was afraid to use the regular kitchen matches to start the gas log lighter.  After the owner of the company figured my bill, I examined the bill to see if he had put the matches on the bill.  He had put the matches on the bill.  I gave him a check for 1/2 of the glass doors with the remainder to be paid upon receipt of the doors in 4 to 6 weeks.

During the next few days, I kept having the following called to my attention.  ":Fireplace matches"

Three or four times during those days, I heard the same thing:  "Fireplace matches"

Finally I paid attention.  I realized Holy Spirit was showing me something about the people who own this "mom & pop" type store.  I had purchased a significant amount of items from them.  My purchases probably ranked among their best customer amounts for their type of shop.  I owned a business at one time.  What would I have done in this case.  There would have been no charge for a few matches.  But they took every dime they could get from me.  This is what these people are!  Don't be deceived by their appearance (they both look great).  Don't be deceived by their smile.  They are greedy, blood suckers.  They are both church people, Church of Christ.

When people deal like this, it is not unusual to find them gone from business in a few years.

(And these people are sort of relatives) ... My lst cousin was married to the owner's father who is now dead... When they found out I am Jeanne's cousin, they were extra "loving" in their appearance toward me, but the truth is in the fireplace matches ... and this is what the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, was trying to show me so I wouldn't deceive myself about them and so I could be sober as I go forth.

After two meetings face to face with this owner, and several minutes speaking of their relatives whom I know, and my cousin, and my sharing several scriptures showing concepts of God, I received phone call from the woman who owns store.  She said, "Miss Boney this is Nicole."  I quickly said, "Call me Joan ..."  ... she said "OK".

She went on to say:  "Did Chris tell you the FP glass you ordered, the smoked color glass, costs $75 more than the other glass?"  I told her no he did not tell me this but that is OK.

It was very obvious they wanted to secure that agreement.  I had switched to the smoked glass after the price was figured.  They were concerned they might not get the extra money.

Several times in the 2 meetings with them I told them I am in very good financial condition and as a ministry we do not ask for money (beg for money as most ministers do).  This house and fireplace belong to our church group.  There is no problem at all in making this change.  Had there been, I wouldn't have done it.

I keep individuals on a list and put things shown me by Holy Spirit on that list so I won't forget and deceive myself about these people, thinking they are "nice" and "friends" because they smile at me!  To keep sober, I just keep adding to their name that which is shown to me by the Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of Truth!

Jn. 16:13 ... Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth


I know the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, guides me into all truth about all people and things, secular things and spiritual things.  (Although it is difficult to divide secular from spiritual for we who are spiritual also act a certain way in dealing with secular.)