Saturday, October 11, 2014

Letter from my cousin Jeanne

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

My cousin Jeanne is long time Church of Christ member.  One time I went on buying trip for my business and Jeanne picked me up at the air port.  I had just been born again.  (1975)  I was on fire and talked about God constantly.

Jeanne looked at me after I had spoken for several minutes and she said:  "I believe you are a Christian.  I just don't know how you can be."

I don't think she understood being born again.

Not long ago, Jeanne wanted me to come to visit her in Carlesbad (200 miles from Lubbock).  She is 90+ now and senses death.  I told her my car is too old for me to drive out of town but I would be willing to rent a car and drive there if she wanted to speak of "spiritual things".  I didn't want to speak of fleshly things for it is unprofitable.  Jeanne got so angry with me and responded in many words  (I didn't read all of what she wrote.)

After that, I did send her a scripture which was uplifting.  She did not respond.

About a year passed and I heard nothing from her.  She is now 93 and obviously close to death.  I would have like to speak with her but I really had nothing to say.  Then a door was opened for me to speak.  The family she married into owns the business where I just bought equipment to change from gas fireplace to wood.  I wrote Jeanne and told her I had met Cris (her step grandson & his wife).

Jeanne responded today.

I did not open Jeanne's letter.  I know it will only be fleshly.

But after receiving her letter, I did send her a note as follows:

"Here is something Aunt Ardath (her mother) told me once ... I don't know if she ever told this to you or to anyone else ... She said she was taken into heaven once ... and it was all golden ...

II Cor. 12 ... " 

========

The Church of Christ group avoids supernatural things and many scriptures dealing with the subject of the Holy Spirit and other things they don't want to see ...


Church of Christ people wouldn't usually speak of being taken into heaven as Aunt Ardath did.  I was taken into heaven twice shortly after I was born again.  I knew God was telling me to share this with Aunt Ardath.  (This is not something you would normally share with Church of Christ member.)  I did share it with her.  She looked at me and said:  "Something like that happened to me once and it was all golden."

There was a very strong spiritual connection between me and Aunt Ardath.  Others in family were afraid of her and frequently said to each other, "What would Ardath think?"  (fearing her disapproval)

I was never once afraid of her.  We spoke openly about all things.  After I was born again, we spoke mostly of things in Bible.  She wasn't afraid of me either!

Once I visited her where she lived in Albuquerque, NM (USA).  I spoke to her of Psalm 103.  I left room and when I returned, I caught a glimpse of her as she was standing at a bureau in her bedroom.  She was looking down at a Bible, reading something.  I knew she was reading Psalm 103.  

Before she died, I called her.  She asked what I thought happened after we die.  I said we are asleep.  It is just like going to sleep.  She said that is what she believed too.

I Thess. 4 ... But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (die), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (precede) them which are asleep (dead).  

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.