Wednesday, October 15, 2014

When people turn their backs on you

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Last night, I was reading Ex. 23, about angels, and I came across the following verse.

Ex. 23:27 ... I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.  

I thought of my cousin who is Church of Christ member.  She has gone to that church all her life and has all their doctrine deeply within her.  They do not speak of supernatural things concerning religion.  It is very strange because the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead was a supernatural act.  The conversion of the apostle Paul was a supernatural act.  The New Testament has many examples of supernatural acts such as the man taken into the third paradise.  II Cor. 12 ... It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory.  I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.  2I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

I told my cousin something her mother told me.  Aunt Ardath said she was taken into heaven once and it was all golden.  Aunt Ardath was a life long Church of Christ member and I doubt she ever told this to anyone other than to me.  And she probably told me this story because I told her that I had been taken into heaven twice.  This is something you usually would usually not tell a Chruch of Christ member but God led me to share this so I shared it with my aunt.  That is when she said, something like that happened to her.  She was very different from every other Church of Christ member that I've ever met.  (She died in 1983.)

I haven't heard from my cousin since I wrote that to her.  If I do hear from her again, I have more to share with her.

When I read the passage in Ex. 23:27, I thought of this cousin.  I suspect she will turn her back on me.  And if so it will be for the word of God's sake.  She likes to talk about family members and earthly things.  If I spoke of that she would come straight forward to me.  But she doesn't want to talk about Bible and spiritual things.  That is when she turns her back on me.  She is 93 and obviously getting ready to die.