Sunday, October 26, 2014

Religious works

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday I went to Wall-Mart ... As I was waiting in the check out line in electric cart, a woman behind me said, "Here ... let me put those groceries up there for you."  I really didn't need her to do this but she was so insistent I allowed her to put the groceries on the check out belt.

We began talking after she had unloaded the groceries from my cart.  She said she had 3 hip replacements and they didn't get it right and she needed to go back and have it redone but she had heart trouble and her doctor wouldn't permit her going in for another operation at this time.

I replied, "You shouldn't be unloading my groceries with all these problems."

She lit up and said she was glad to be able to do this.  (I'm able to do this also and there was no need for her to do this but she really wanted to do this.)

Twice as we spoke she said to me, "God bless you."

I was shocked ... How can she say that when she knows nothing at all about me?

II Jn ... 9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.



I did not respond to this woman at all.  The Holy Spirit did not give me anything at all to say to her.

This morning, I was thinking of how people do all sorts of religious works.  I see football on TV and players often do some form of religious sign by taping themselves on the chest and pointing a finger into the sky.  Some players cross themselves like the Catholics do.  Some bow their heads and fall on their knees and pray after they make a good play.  None of this means anything.  This woman apparently thought she was doing a good work.  But it was a work I did not need done.  It made her feel good in her flesh but it meant nothing.  And her saying "God bless you" twice to a stranger seemed like she was trying to do some kind of religious witness.  (She had no idea I belong to God and am HIS servant.)

This morning I was looking at Hebrews 4 ... There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.  10For he that is entered into HIS rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His.
11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief



I thought of the following:

Phil. 3 ... Paul says ... Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
 

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law,  blameless. 

7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
 

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.


There is such a big difference between religious works authored by the will of humans ... and religious works authored by the Spirit of God.

Obviously works that do not need to be done are futile works from the mind of the human and profit nothing.

Only those works authored by God through HIS Spirit are works of God.  Every thing else is a work of our own flesh and to be avoided.