Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Jesus confirms HIS servants

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Revelation 2:9 ... Jesus says ... I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) 

and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

As I read verse 9, I thought of the suffering we endure for the word's sake.  Some of the suffering is denying friendship with the worldly people and continuing "alone" in our neighborhoods because we choose to go another way, seeking God's wisdom instead of delighting in the wisdom they carry which is from their own flesh and the flesh of others, gathered daily through such things as newspapers and TV and visiting with fleshly people.  Some of their fleshly wisdom is passed down through their generations as they are taught what is wise in the sight of men.  We desire something else.  We desire the wisdom from God and seek HIS wisdom.  This greatly separates us from most people and some of us choose to allow this to happen so we can be ruled by God and not by other humans.

We live in a poverty, lack of other humans in our lives.  But really, we are rich.  I never feel alone.

Today I was thinking about my life.  Who else lives as I do at the age of 77?  Most people in late 70's have almost nothing to do.  I get to communicate daily things of God with the church all over the world.  And I can do this without leaving my house.  The Holy Spirit in me does not grow old.  My flesh may grow old and not be able to do certain physical things but the Holy Spirit speaking through me does not grow old so I truly am rich, as Jesus says.

And even when other church goers "blaspheme" me and what I report by the Spirit of God, I am basically unaffected and continue reporting.  Like Paul, I know Whom I believe ... therefore I speak.

And certainly though the word given me by God, I go through much tribulation as I share that word.

But as Paul says:  Romans 8:18 ... For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.