Thursday, October 30, 2014

Nothing too hard for God

Genesis 18:13 And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord?

At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.


Comments by Pam Padgett


While thinking of nothing being too hard for God and that God will do what He has said, I recalled God helping me last winter with a problem that completely overwhelmed me ...

Early one morning I woke to find various problems in my house from power outages.  Alarms on power strips were sounding, there was the smell of something hot or smoldering, and there was no power in various parts of the house.  Even small electrical problems scare me and now there were problems all around me.  In addition, I hadn't slept well for a few nights previous to this so was unusually tired.  Seeing all the electrical problems completely overwhelmed me.  All I could see to do was unplug all electrical devices and crawl back into bed.

As I lay in bed, fears came of the possibility of an electrical fire and that I'd need to get the animals and maybe a few other things out of the house.  But I was so overwhelmed that the thought of trying to make any preparations was just too much for me. 

I started talking to God, telling Him how overwhelmed I was, and laying my fears out before Him, asking Him to protect us.  But mostly, I told God how overwhelmed I was and that I never wanted to get out of bed again.  The thought of having to face all of these problems was just too overwhelming for me. 

Then my attention was drawn to the very strong winds blowing outside with the thought that just as God is so powerful that He directs and controls the winds, He is powerful enough to help me with these problems.  I had no strength at all, but this thought from the Holy Spirit reminded me that God is all powerful and He is able to help me.  Focusing on this, I was strengthened and calmed, and able to get out of bed.

Step by step, one thought from the Holy Spirit after another, I was shown what to do in order to get power safely restored and to get items that were damaged by the outages repaired or replaced.