Friday, October 17, 2014

Speaking of angels

Renee Bonfield ...

Speaking of angels......
I was born again in the winter of 1979. In the early 1980's while listening to Christian radio, I was impressed to attend
a Bible seminar at Shalom ministries in Keene, New Hampshire. In those days we had a car. I was preparing dinner
in the kitchen. My husband was in our bedroom. Our son was in sleep-away camp. I went into our bedroom and asked
my husband if it would be possible for us to go to the Bible seminar. At first he said "no, it's too far to drive." I went
back to the kitchen and cried out to God asking Him what to do. A few minutes later I went back to the bedroom to
tell my husband that dinner was ready. Much to my surprise my husband had a map of New England opened on the
bed. He said "If you really want to go to the seminar then we'll go."
I always prayed before going any where, asking God to keep us safe. We started out. We were looking for the
Sprang Memorial Parkway. Wheeler (husband) said he knew a short cut to get there, but we got lost. We wound up
in White Plains, New York. I thought we should try to find a gas station and ask for directions. Wheeler said "no, there
is a small shopping center near by, let's go there." We parked our car. Wheeler opened the car door and said he was
going to ask a man getting out of his car next to ours for directions. The man looked and talked just like Burle Ives.
He took out a book of maps to show us where the parkway was. He then said "I'm going there myself why don't you
follow me."While on the parkway, I kept looking back as this man was driving directly behind us. The last time I looked
back, he was no longer there. I said "Wheeler, have there been any exits or entrances on to the parkway? this man
is no longer behind us." Wheeler said "no." I said "I think God sent us an angel to show us the way."
One day we took our son, James to Flushing Meadow Park which is not far from our home. There are farm animals
birds, dolphins, and a carousel. We were pretty far away from the carousel, but we could hear the music. Whenever
we were outside, I always held James' hand. He is autistic, and could easily wander off. As soon as he heard the
music, he broke loose of my grip, and ran toward the music. Wheeler was running in one direction, I in another. I
was crying out to God to help us find him before he gets on the moving carousel. Finally, we got to the carousel.
A man was standing with James, holding him until we got to James. When I turned around to thank the man, he
was no longer there. We looked all around, but the man had vanished. I believe that God had sent an angel to keep
him until we were able to get him.