Saturday, October 11, 2014

When they smile at you and make you feel good

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

As I try to be sober, I realized I am very affected when a worker or delivery person smiles at me.  I causes me to relax and makes me think they "like" me and are "friendly" toward me and maybe even that they will do good toward me and not harm me.

I asked God about this last night.

Why do their smiles affect me so much.

Instantly I heard this:  "It is flattery."

I knew there were scriptures warning us about flattery.  3 scriptures are in Daniel 11.  One is in Proverbs 6.

Dan. 11:21 ... he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.


Dan. 11:32-34 ... And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.  33And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days. 34Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.


I shared this with Pam Padgett last night and she pointed out that flatteries corrupt us and our way, and cause us to cling to them so we stay with them and do not escape them.