Thursday, October 9, 2014

How little things can take us wrong way

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

This week, I had to choose glass doors from my fireplace now that I have converted to wood burning.

Before I got to the store, I prayed for God to help me choose exactly what I need.

I was waited on by the man who owns the store.  As he showed the selections of glass doors, he pointed to one and said, "You wouldn't want that one ... it is too dark, too black."  He showed me a lighter color glass with a slight black tint.  I ordered the lighter tint.

This morning, I was looking at fireplace and realized I needed the dark tint.  I want the opening in the FP to be dark, when the glass is closed.  I want it to look like one black piece, similar to the way a flat TV looks when it is turned off.  That fits with my dining room table top which sits a few feet from the FP box.  The top of the dining room table is shiny black.  I called the store and changed the order.

In thinking about it, I realized I was temporarily thrown off the wisdom that would have come from God by this man who knows nothing at all about the interior of my house and is speaking his own worldly wisdom, his own opinion from his mind without the leading of God.

When I called to change the order, a man I have not worked with in this store answered the phone.  I told him I wanted to change the order and I asked him to measure the outside of the frame I had selected.  He came back to phone and gave me the measurement and then he said, "They can probably get the order changed on the glass."  I replied, "I just ordered this yesterday.  Of course they can change the order."  This man was being wise in his own eyes and troubling me if I allowed it.  I stopped this with what I said.  He then replied, "As slow as this company is in making these doors they can certainly change the order."  Now he got it right but it took some words of correction from me before he could speak truth.

Humans love to lie giving their own wisdom ... but we, who are of God, can stop that lying.

Lk. 21:15 ... I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.


When we go out into the world or when people come into our house for deliveries and such, it is often a battle for the truth.  We who are of God carry the truth.  We have the Spirit of Truth in us.  The "father" of the people of the world cannot speak truth for there is no truth in him.  Jn. 8 ... Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.


I Jn. 4:4 ... Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.



We do not have to go out in fear.  The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, will call to our attention when something is wrong.  All we have to do is be willing to hear the Holy Spirit and to refuse to explain away that which the Holy Spirit speaks about them.  Learn to pay attention to that which the Holy Spirit is showing you about them and about situations.