Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Don't plan ahead what to answer

Pam Padgett - teacher

Luke 21:14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

meditate: 
- consider
- plan ahead mentally

answer:  appropriate response to deal with, or as a reaction to, a question, statement, or situation

Almost 30 years ago I moved to Colorado Springs where many of my relatives live.  Day-long holiday "get-togethers" were usually put together by my aunt.  I was aware that I would be invited and expected to attend these, and I dreaded doing this.  There was fear that I would feel pressure to attend and wouldn't be strong enough to not go.

Unfortunately, I didn't turn strongly to God with my concerns and fears, and didn't trust Him to show me how to handle this. 

Trying to protect myself I handled this by my flesh, going to my aunt and telling her that I didn't enjoy big family get-togethers and didn't plan to attend these, and that I wanted to let her know ahead of time so she wouldn't be offended

The flesh wants to protect itself. (and have others like them and justify them in their acts)

But we don't need to worry and try to plan ahead for how to handle something that concerns us.  We can turn to God and ask Him to help us.  And God has promised to give us a mouth and wisdom ... the ability to speak and what to speak.  And what God gives us will be exactly what is needed to deal with the situation.  Those opposed to us will not be able to resist what God gives to us in the matter.

Comments by Joan Boney ... an act of faith in God solves the problem ... turning to God in faith and believing God will help us and show us how to handle matters and people where there is concern.  This took place between Pam and her aunt several years ago. Now Pam most likely would not do what she did then.  But up to last night Pam was deceiving herself about handling of this situation with her aunt.  (God does not want us to live in past deceptions.)  I told her it was just a fleshly handling, not spiritual.  After talking with Pam, I barely hung up phone before Holy Spirit said this judgment to me:  "She was motivated by fear."  That confirmed to me that her handling was not a spiritual handling.  I called her back immediately and told her what I had heard from Holy Spirit.  She admitted she was afraid,.  I knew God would confirm it to her.  At first Pam tried to reject what I said.  But I remembered Paul telling something to Timothy and then saying, "The Lord give you understanding." (paraphrase)  I knew God would.

Paul said to Timothy ... Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. II Tim. 2:7