Saturday, October 25, 2014

Prayer before going to doctors

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I do have a respect for the medical profession.  It is just that I realize they are going a different way from the way I choose to go.  While they practice "preventive" medicine, I choose to go more in the following direction ... 12But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.  Mt. 9

So unless I have a need, I do not go to a doctor.

Four years ago, I fell over a box and broke a hip.  During surgury, a bone in my leg shattered.  When I lie down at night, I have some pain, even now ... But instead of taking pain medicine, I chose to take Ambium CR ... which is a type of pill to help with sleep.  I've been taking it nightly for 4 years.  I awaken each morning with a very clear head so I am able to function normally.

For this reason, I do go to a doctor yearly which is required by him in order for him to prescribe the Ambium during the year.

Yesterday was my yearly appointment.  I began praying yesterday morning before the appointment ... especially prayed that he would not do any more than really needed.  I was concerned as I always am concerned when I have to go to doctor.

Last year he wanted me to take blood tests, which is a regular part of yearly exam.  I convinced him I did not want to take blood test.  But I suspected he would return to this subject.  Last year he ended up saying, "Well, you really don't need a blood test for an Ambium prescription."  I was delighted.

This year, before going to my appointment, I heard following from Holy Spirit ... "Just answer his questions."  (I don't have to volunteer a lot of extra information.)

One of the first things he said to me after looking at my past chart is:  "You still don't want to take blood tests to find out if you have cancer?"  I replied, "No ..."  He dropped the subject.

Then he asked, "How long has it been since you have had a tetanus shot?"  I replied:  "Probably never."  (I was born in 1937 in New Mexico, USA, and at that time I doubt they gave such."

He said he would like me to have a tetanus shot.  I replied that I didn't want to do that.  He said if I stepped on a nail it would be good to have.  I replied that I never go out of the house, except in my car.  (and I'm 77)  He dropped the subject.

He said, "Then what about a diphtheria shot?"  I said I didn't want to do that.

He asked, "How about a flu shot?"  I replied I considered it 4 years ago when in hospital after that accident but none of the nurses took flu shots so I decided not to do so and I did fine.  (Even this doctor's nurse told me she doesn't take flu shot.)

Then this doctor said I should avoid crowds.  I was happy to agree to do that.  I hate going into crowds.

I told him I prefer taking the Ambium to pain medicine and that I do a lot of heavy mental work and when I awaken after the Ambium I always have a very clear head.  Then he said:  "Then lets continue with Ambium."  I was delighted.

He told me to just have the pharmacy fax the request when I need refill and they will refill it.

I left his office rejoicing.

As I was leaving, a woman who is about my age was coming in for her appointment.  She was using a walker and looked sick.  I thought doctor could probably do a lot of things to her.

Most people probably allow doctors to do whatever seem good to the doctor.  And maybe most people are trying to stay on this present earth as long as possible.  And the only way they know to try to do this is through doctors.

But I know some other things.

Forgiving those who trespass against you and keeping your heart pure with God is very important to physical well being.  

Prov. 3 ... 7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. 8It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Before doctor came into room, they gave me a 5 page form to fill out.  On the form it asked if I am ever depressed.  They had boxes to check to tell level of depression.  I wrote to the side of this question the following:  "Never depressed ... pray ... God ..."

There were several questions about depression and each time I wrote NOT depress because I turn to God in prayer 

Prov. 3 ... 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 

"acknowledge HIM" ... pray about all your concerns ... settle each concern with God in prayer ...