Sunday, October 12, 2014

Psalm 119:57

Thou art my portion, O Lord: ... 

portion:
- part allotted to a person 
- share

---------------------------------
Comments by Pam Padgett:

My portion is God working in my life and those things God has given me, including ....
-Salvation
-The Holy Spirit (leads me, teaches me, guides me into all truth, reminds me of what Jesus has said, shows me things to come, intercedes for me)
-His Word given to us in the Bible, thoughts the Holy Spirit brings to me, dreams ... however God chooses to give me His Word
-God's provision for what I need as I live on this earth
-Wisdom from God
-God's plan for my life
-Light/truth
-Fellowship with Him and those in the body of Christ

My portion is not of this world ...
- traditions and ways of this world
- wisdom of the world
- trying to work out how to meet needs
- plans led by own wisdom and fleshly desires
- darkness/lies
- friendship with those of the world
- riches/reputation/approval of the world