Thursday, September 18, 2014

Respect for God, respect for the Word of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When we open a Bible and begin reading scripture, it is as if we have chosen to stand in the presence of God HIMSELF.

We cannot afford to do this in a haphazard way for we can bring destruction upon ourselves to mishandle the Word of God.

If we "eat and drink" the word of God incorrectly or without reverence, we can become "weak and sickly" and many die because of this says Paul.  (I Cor. 11)

When we open this blog and read scripture, we must have our heart ready.  If we read and do not know what we read, we become dull of hearing.  Heb. 5 ... ye are dull of hearing. 12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.  14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.  

The only way to keep from becoming dull of hearing is to take scripture and consider every word of that scripture, applying it to our own lives.


Monday night, I went to bed and was trying to read scripture and didn't even like the scripture.  I shut the Bible. (bad to try to read in that condition) Then I tried to read my secular book and didn't like it either.  The real problem is I didn't like what someone wrote to me that day by email.  It was very religious, very pompous, and the person was very much like antichrist, showing herself (for I think it was a woman) to be god in her presumption about what God would do and would not do.  

I got up and wrote a rebuttal to this person whom I believe to have been a woman.  

I went back to bed.  Took the Bible.  My love for the scriptures had returned.  Later I read my secular book and enjoyed that.  Everything was back again after I wrote the rebuttal letter, setting order.