Monday, September 15, 2014

You can't dress in someone else's armor

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Before David went out to fight Goliath, Saul tried to dress David in his armor.  David said he couldn't go out in that armor for he hadn't proved it.  (I Sam. 17)  So David set aside Saul's armor and went out and got 5 smooth stones.  David had experience with these and knew they would work.  You can't fight giants with weapons which are unproven. 

You can't dress in my armor.  I might have proved it for myself but unless you have also proved it before battle it is not safe for you.

One of the first things God began teaching me after I was born again was to meditate in the Word of God and how powerful it is to do this continually, day and night.  It is not a one time, 5 minute or so exercise, but it is a continual way of life and many times throughout the day I would do this and at night also. 

The two scriptures given to me to show me the importance of the are as follows:

Psalm 1 ... 1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 

Joshua 1 ... There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. 6Be strong and of a good courage:


... Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.  8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.  9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I wanted to have good success and I saw this was a way to do that.  So I did it.  And I found it led me daily and confirmed to me the direction I thought I was supposed to go.


Frequent, daily meditation in scripture is a "weapon" tried by me since I was born again in 1975.  I have proven this weapon.  I would not hesitate to go into any battle using this weapon and I know I would succeed for God would be leading me every step of the way as I thought upon the word given me by the Spirit of God.