Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dealing with what cumbers

Pam Padgett - teacher

Luke 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. 40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving,

cumber:
- hinder or hamper
- impede movement or progress of
- hold back
- thwart progress

While considering what "cumbers" me I realized how distracted I've sometimes been by my dog as I try to read the Bible or blog, to deal with something God has called to my attention, or talk on the telephone.  Even when I put the dog outside I feel I need to periodically check to see if she is getting into something she shouldn't.

As I was talking with God about this, I had the thought to set up the dog crate, and did this.  I put the dog in the crate.  She rested there while I read.