Monday, September 22, 2014

Answer to prayer

Pam Padgett - teacher

My dog found an ink pen and was starting to chew on it.  When I saw this, I recognized danger if she swallowed the ink or sharp edges of the pen as she chewed on it.  Also I did not want to have ink spilled on the carpet. 

Although I gave the command for the dog to drop what was in her mouth, she ignored this.  So I tried to go take the pen from her, but each time I got near, she took off running.  After a few minutes of this, it was obvious that it was futile for me to try to catch the dog.  To the dog this was a fun game, while I saw danger and trouble but didn't know what to do.  

Then I remembered to pray asking God to help me get the pen from the dog

Immediately I had the thought to use a treat.  There were treats in a nearby cabinet.  As soon as the dog saw I was getting a treat, she dropped the pen and came to where I was.  She followed me to the dog crate where I gave her the treat and closed the door.  I was then able to safely pick up and dispose of the pieces of the pen.  The matter was quickly and easily resolved.