Monday, September 29, 2014

A very funny story

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I needed to have the heating/AC serviced at the house where I live, to be sure the filters in the big units were satisfactory, so I called a service and asked to have this checked.

The man came Friday to check it.  I perceived this man was someone in authority from the company.  I asked him and he said it was the service manager.  Then I told him I would like to ask some other questions which he said he would be happy to hear.

When this house was built, the contractor said he was concerned that the air conditioner might be too large for the master bedroom area.  It is too large for that area.  It is so cold I have to keep it turned off and then the air is hot.  And the unit is noisy.  (I still hear better than many people though I've lost some hearing with age.)

They have a variable speed unit which is much quieter.  The service manager checked everything and said the a/c unit for the master bedroom is a 4 ton and should be no larger than a 2 ton.

He figured a price for new unit.  The price was more than I was considering.  I told him I really don't need to make this change right now (September) since I won't use the air conditioning in that area of the house until the end of next May.

(Another thing I told this manager is that I am 77 and I might even die before next summer then I wouldn't need the AC ... I told him about my aunt who needed to have a root canal and she was going on a trip to Kansas and she told me when she got back from Kansas she needed to schedule the root canal.  But she had a stroke in Kansas and died and didn't need a root canal ... this manager just stared at me.)

Then the manger said if we have an unseasonable hot spell like we did 4 years ago, I would need the air conditioning unit.  I was trying to think this through.  I was here 4 years ago and I don't remember that hot spell.  He said it was in December that year.  I felt a little sales type pressure.

The manager left saying when I decided, to let him know and they could install it immediately or next spring.  Either would be fine with him.

The next day, after he told me these things, I was thinking about a "hot spell" and I realized ... :"If we have a hot spell there is no problem because I have an air conditioner that works now.  It just works too well ... too much air conditioner ... so there is no problem in waiting to replace the air conditioner with a smaller, quieter unit."

I began laughing.  It isn't like the current air conditioner has been removed or doesn't work.  So there is no problem if there is an unseasonable hot spell as this man suggested ... I laughed again at how blind we can get through their reasonings ... and then God opens our eyes with truth!