Friday, September 19, 2014

PBS TV show on the Roosevelts

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

RecentlyI tried to see episode one of the new TV show on the Roosevelts produced by Ken Burns, but I found I couldn't watch it because it tried to show man as good.  Then I tried to watch the second episode and had to quit it also because it was showing how man is good and all he needs is to be determined.

I thought of a friend of mine who has ALS.  He told me in the early stages of ALS he said he would never be in a wheelchair.  He fell many times trying to fulfill his will by his determination.  (All kinds of church groups prayed over him.) Today he is paralyzed and bed fast.  But I believe he is born again. (Some reading this will likely say, "But they didn't have faith" ... never considering the following example in scripture:  II Cor. 12 ... Paul says ... 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. )

Basically what Franklin Roosevelt did is to try to cover up his paralyzes and not allow people to know he was crippled.  His adult son walked on his side and held him up.  It was all self-will and deception.  (Of course it is known today.)   When Roosevelt was taken to hospital in NYC, he remained for several weeks.  When they decided to take him to his home 7 blocks away from hospital, they moved him by secret at night so people wouldn't know ... deception ... filled with deception.

God is light ... God's way is light ... You can't do religious things by deception of your flesh ...

And man is not good but evil ... the natural man is of Adam ... the spiritual man is of Jesus Christ.

Gen. 6 ... 5And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.    

You can't go to God by your flesh and by works that seem good in the sight of man.

And I can't stand shows that picture man as good.   TV producers don't know of the Holy Spirit nor would their TV shows be popular if they said man can't save himself and man is not good but evil.

When I see things on TV like the fall of the World Trade Center and the mass of debris chasing man down Broadway, I see the truth ... man is basically helpless on this earth even when he seems mighty and holds mighty jobs among other men. Man in all his position and wisdom falls very short when confronted with various problems such as this.  And I rejoice that wisdom and power is of God and not of man and his learning and position.

But God did make a plan whereby we could be saved and that plan was for Jesus to come to earth and submit to dying on a cross and paying for our sins with HIS blood.  And those of us chosen by God are saved through Jesus and the price Jesus paid for us.