Thursday, September 18, 2014

Making flesh comfortable does not benefit

Pam Padgett - teacher

Something that has affected me from when I studied psychology many years ago was being taught how important it was to make people feel comfortable and free to talk about whatever they wanted.  When I turned to God with this recently, I was reminded of ...   

John 6:63 (Jesus said) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Making the flesh comfortable and allowing unrestrained fleshly talk cannot benefit, for the flesh profits nothing.  Rather than being good, the opposite is true of such talk ...  In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: ... (Prov. 10:19)

Only the word God speaks is of value.  And what the Holy Spirit leads me to do or say may make the flesh feel uncomfortable.  At times it has caused those speaking evil and doing evil to flee from me, and this frees me.