Friday, September 19, 2014

Helped when calling customer service

Pam Padgett - teacher

Earlier this week I needed to call customer service for a company that had sent something to me in error.  My flesh was trying to rise up in irritation about the problem and that I needed to deal with it.  I asked God to help me keep my flesh under control and to deal with this matter as He willed. 

When I called, my call was initially answered by an automated system which prompted me to choose from options for what I needed.  I was having trouble getting to talk to a person.  Now my flesh was rising up in frustration.  I kept asking God to help me. 

When my call was finally transferred to a person, I started explaining the problem.  As I heard myself talk, it surprised me how calmly I spoke.  My words were not puffed up and there was not even sharpness in my voice as is often the case when my flesh takes over.  As I heard this, I started thanking God knowing HE had helped me.