Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Whole truth

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A few days ago, I was thinking about the US court of law and how they swear in witnesses with the following oath:

Do you swear to speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth ...

Then the witness gets on the stand and can only answer the questions asked by the lawyers ... The witnesses are not allowed to speak "the whole truth" though they were made to swear to speak the whole truth.

(I doubt that I would ever be called to a court trial as a witness but realizing this concept now, I would not swear to speak the whole truth.  I would swear to speak the truth to the questions asked by the lawyers. But that would likely not allow the whole truth to come forth but only partial truth.)

============ 

A few days after thinking about this, I was talking with Pam and she began speaking of the Holy Spirit and how the Holy Spirit gave information to a man we know.  I replied, "Yeah ... 30 years ago."  (but nothing since)

Pam then said when she recalled this situation with this man she was reminded of that example of fruit from the Holy Spirit, but she also had called to her attention that was a long time ago.

Pam considered partial truth and her judgment was perverted.

I asked her how it was she could have done this.

She thought about it and said she thought it was because as a child she was taught to speak only "good".

In reality, good is the "whole truth" for it is truth.

Partial truth which might cause a human to be honored wrongly is not good "good".  It is perverted judgment.

---------------------------------------------------
Pam Padgett - teacher

While looking into Amos 5:15, I've seen more about what I've taken into my heart that pulls me from wanting to see the whole truth, and perverts judgment.

Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: ...

good - what is of God ... what God says about a matter, what God has done, what God leads us to do

evil - what is not of God

I went to graduate school to become a counseling psychologist and also worked in this field as I finished school.  Although I wanted to help people, I found I hated psychology and quit my job as soon as I graduated.

Many things I was taught in the counseling classes required me to not fully look at truth, such as:
- accept what is said without judgment
- need to make the person feel comfortable and free to talk
- try to understand the situation from the person's point of view

In these things there is no right or wrong, good or evil.  God, and what God says (which is firm and sure), are totally left out.

Another thing ... when I was a young adult my mom criticized me more than once, saying that I saw things as "black or white" (right or wrong, good or evil).  This was presented as a fault or weakness. 

What I was taught in counseling classes and what my mom said are evil (not of God), and rise up to steal the good things (truth) that God gives me.  They need to be uprooted so I can walk in all of the light God gives to me.  (I think this is beginning to be done)

Right judgment can be established only by dealing with the entire truth.