Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Valiant for the truth

Pam Padgett - teacher 

Jeremiah 9:3 And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the Lord.

When we speak in hypocrisy we often twist the words we speak, or don't speak the whole truth, or stay silent and give the impression we agree when we don't ... speaking lies as we "bend our tongues", leading others to believe one thing about us while another thing is true. 

But we are to be valiant for the truth, determined to not ignore nor compromise what is true in any way even if we will face hatred or awkwardness as a result.

Valiant:
- showing courage
- showing determination (firmness of purpose; resolute)
- to be strong (in holding to the truth)
- brave

Comments by Joan Boney ...

Sunday night, I ran into a problem and it seemed I was just not able to deal with this matter ... Then I read the blog scheduled for Monday where I Cor. 10:13 is cited.

I Cor. 10:13 says I am able ... therefore I am able ... I have been equipped by God who has made me able for this.

We just have to refuse to turn from what the Bible says no matter how we feel.  Emotions change.  The Bible, the Word of God does not change and endures forever and is truth.  Choose the Bible over how you feel.