Sunday, September 14, 2014

Godliness with contentment is great gain

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Tim. 6:6 ... godliness with contentment is great gain.


This scripture begins with the word "godliness" ...

Godliness ... going in the way of God daily ... But what is the way of God for me today? ...

It beings with meditation in the word of God and that means diligent attention to the word of God.

Today I have been very strongly involved in Jeremiah 17 ... knowing I do not want to be in the wilderness with a pack of wild animals (people who operate by their own flesh and by their own thinking)

Three times today I sat down to meditate in the word of God ... and each time the above concept surfaced as I considered scriptures ...

Does this show me the way to go today?  Of course it does.  As I go this way today, do I build on a good foundation?  Yes.

Every day, as I take scripture and seriously consider that scripture from many angles, the way of God is established in my life and step by step, day by day, my way is godly.

We start with godliness ... Godliness with contentment ... but we start each day with scriptures which lead us that day in a way of God as we focus on them.  And we eat every bite of flesh we can get from that single scripture.  And we drink from that single scripture every drop of blood we can suck out.  This is the Lord's supper.  And we become strong in ways of God and a strong light leads us that day and we eat several times a day and we start over eating the next day.

Psa. 1 ... 1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 

3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 
 

4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.