Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wisdom from man vs. wisdom from God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Man grows very wise in his own eyes as he reasons what he should do and should not do and why he should do such or not do such.

We are told another way to go ...

Proverbs 3 ... 5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and HE shall direct thy paths.
 

7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

The people who are not born again (and even some who are born again) trust in humans for wisdom.  They read the newspapers.  They read the medical reports.  They read financial reports.  They read newspapers, watch TV,  listen to opinions of other humans.  Their wisdom comes from man.

I want my wisdom to come from God.

If these people who are wise in their own eyes are around me they will speak their wisdom to me.

Their wisdom is like a seed going into a fertile ground.  At some point it will grow and bear evil fruit.

I do not want this evil fruit growing in me.

An example:  Today I called a man who deals in heating/cooling systems.  He had given me an estimate last week concerning reworking my bedroom system.  I needed him to answer a simple question.  If I choose to replace the air conditioning unit which is the source of my problem, will the new unit work with the existing furnace which is not a problem.  I could not get a straight answer from this man.  He started talking about all types of human wisdom to try to sell me his system.  I did not want his wisdom.  I just wanted an answer to a factual question which he should be capable of answering.  This was a phone call.  He would not stop talking about all the wisdom as to why I should buy his unit.  But I was trying to stop him from talking.  As he was talking I was saying:  "Wait ... stop ... stop talking a minute ... wait ..."  He just kept on talking.  I didn't hear what he was saying but I could tell he was talking.  For about 2 minutes he kept talking while I was saying "Wait ... stop talking ... stop talking ... listen to me ... stop ... stop... stop."  (He reminded me of the way telephone sales people talk without letting you talk.)  

I just kept saying ... Stop ... stop ... stop ... (I didn't hear a word of his wisdom, his sales pitch, because I was talking at same time to try to stop him.)

Finally he stopped talking.

I then explained the following ... I want my wisdom to come from God.  I ask God what to do and HE shows me.  I wait until God shows me.  You do not know if I will be alive on this earth this time next year.  I do not know if I will be alive.  But God does know.  HE is the one who has wisdom and can show me what I should do about this air-conditioning problem.

This stopped this man.  Not that he believed me.  But what I said showed him how I operate on this earth.

===========

For the past two or three days, I have been keeping a type of notebook with notes reminding me of the various people and their wisdom and how they operate ...

For example:  

Air conditioning man #1
- couldn't relate to noise through vents
- sales pressure through reminding of possible late heat ... trying to get me to hurry into buying
- telemarketer type approach to try to sell item and force me
(do not buy from this man)

Air conditioning man #2  (phone conversation)
- tried to force me into buying now through suggested fear of price increase after first of the year
- AD in Yellow Page phone book showed image of a "wizard", implying they worked magic
( do not buy from this man / cancel appointment for him to come to house tomorrow to evaluate needs) 

Contractor
- says he will come help me "tomorrow" or "next day" but doesn't show up at all ... repeated practice of saying he will do something and not doing what he says he will do

Cleaning woman  
- trusts in her own wisdom ... wants to be wise and say wise things / assumed she knew about heating filters / TV her wisdom: "Have you thought of buying new TV?" when I was having TV problems / I had already purchased new TV ... thinks me foolish and herself wise ... wants to outdo humans and exalt herself

Woman #1  
- asked me not to send writings to her
- always sends me birthday card or calls me by phone on my birthday
- boring talk about people in her community
- silly religious talk: "Baptists need singers in choir for Christmas ... as Methodist OK to go help them out ... nonsense talk when she talks

This "log" helps me to see what they really are.

Prov. 3:7 ... Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. 

Avoid them.