Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bible reading and thinking about things ... this morning

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In reading through the Bible, I was at Heb. 11 this morning when I began reading today.  I ended up thinking about many things as I read these verses and ended up the morning at the end of Hebrews ready to go to James next.

Some things from this morning.

Heb. 11 ... 1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  2For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Caleb brought a good report back "by faith" ... we are well able to overcome... Numbers 13-14

...4By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Able's offering was given "by faith", thus it was approved ... and though Able died, he lives and still speaks to us today.

...  7By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

At one point, rain had never happened ... "not seen as yet" ... certainly it would be a shock.  I don't know when the first rain fell on the earth but I do know at first there was no rain.

? rain ? ... 5And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. 6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.  Gen. 2

========

God's definition of "violence" (given to me) ...

Violence is setting out to get what you want without regard for what it will do to other people.

People today are by and large violent ...most people care only about themselves and what they want ... violence ...

========

Heb. 11:17 ... 17By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: 


You just do what God says without regard for your life.


========


Heb. 13:5 ... God says ... I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 

never:  

- at no time in the past or future
- on no occasion; not ever

========

Heb. 13:9 ... For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace;  

grace:  

- the free and unmerited favor of God ... I thought about when I was born again and how I didn't deserve to be born again, it was simply "unmerited favor of God" toward me ...


========

blessing:

-endowed with divine favor and protection

========

Let us go out "bearing HIS reproach" ... Heb. 13:13

reproach:  

- expression of disapproval against us
- disappointment in us
- accusations against us because of the word we believe
- censure:  severe disapproval over that we have said or done because of the Word we believe
- rebuke against us when we do the Word

Isa. 53 ... 3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief:  

"God help me to be bolder for the Word, speaking bolder, suffering the reproach for the word."

Knowing ... Here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come ... Heb. 13:15 ... Boldness in speaking the word not trying to shield myself and keep them thinking well of me ... my life is not on this earth if it were I would guard my reputation on this earth ...

"God help me to be bolder in speaking the Word without regard for what they think."

Col. 3 ... for my life is hid in HIM ... When Christ who is our life shall appear, we shall appear with HIM in glory.


Heb. 13:15 ...  15By HIM (the Word) therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name (the Word).


Speaking HIS Word and HIS Way and not holding back ...

Heb. 13:21 ... working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ (The Word)


Thought:  "If you suffer as a Christian, happy are you ..."  (this is a scripture)

I Peter 4:14 ... 14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 


The world speaks their wisdom boldly and they make their boast in themselves and in their own way which seems wise to them ... Let me be bold in speaking the word and way of God in response ...

"Please help me to be bolder."