Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Psa. 112:5

Pam Padgett - teacher

Psalm 112:5 A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

affairs - concerns, responsibilities

discretion - ability to decide what needs to be done, judging well

Throughout each day I find myself continuously turning to God, talking with Him and depending on Him to give me the help I need, as concerns surface and responsibilities need to be dealt with. A few concerns/responsibilities from today:

- how best to handle feeding of sick dog
- arranging for caulking needed before cold weather comes
- asking God for help to keep my flesh under control and deal as God wants me to with the window company over a problem

By turning to God instead of relying on my own wisdom, I am able to guide these affairs with discretion.  Making wise decision and correctly judging what needs to be done.