Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Psalm 112:7

Pam Padgett - teacher

Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.

tidings - news of events, announcements

"news" of the world often tells of economic trouble, wars and possibility of more wars, destruction caused by fire and storms.  Those of the world are continuously troubled and afraid by these things. 

What God has told us about these things comforts me and helps me not be afraid.  These are the things I want to have firmly in my heart ...

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 

Psalm 148:7 Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps: 8 Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling his word: