Tuesday, September 23, 2014

James 3:13

Pam Padgett - teacher 

James 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

endued:  provided with (God provides me with His wisdom and knowledge)

meekness:
- submitting to wisdom God has given me
- not ignoring/reasoning away wisdom God has given me

When God has given me His wisdom about a matter, my conversation is with meekness of wisdom when what I do and say is according to the wisdom God has given to me. 

The wisdom God has given to me concerning the golf course behind my house (the golf course has closed and the owner is trying to sell it, possibly to real estate developers):
- people try to keep things from changing, but all that we see now is temporary and will be burned at the end of the world
- seek to do the will of God and trust Him to provide everything I need, taking no thought for the future (Matt. 6:33-34)
- the way neighbors are going ... meeting and arguing trying to come up with a plan for what to do if the golf course is sold to a developer ... is of the world and not the way of God, not a way of peace

The wisdom from God for me is to not get involved with the neighborhood meetings nor worry about what may happen in the future with the golf course land.

A few days ago a neighbor called and left a message that the next neighborhood meeting about the golf course was scheduled for the following evening.  When I returned the call she did not answer, but I left a message that I had decided not to get involved in any of  these meetings.