Thursday, September 25, 2014

Bombardment of thoughts after being born again

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

After I was born again, I was under extremely severe spiritual warfare and I knew nothing about fighting devil.  It got so bad I would go to my apartment, get in my bed, and say over and over, "Praise God ... thank you for my salvation ..." After saying this over and over for 20 minutes or so, the devil stopped attacking with his thoughts and he left me ... for a season ...

In a few weeks, God began teaching me about spiritual warfare ...

I was reminded of a scripture in I Peter 2 ... NIV translation ...

I Peter 2:20 (NIV) ... "How is it to your credit is you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it?"

If a man robs a bank and ends up in jail he ended up there for doing wrong ... no credit to him ...

I saw I was doing wrong by looking for a husband.  This was opening door for some depression because I was not getting husband in my efforts.  Yet everyone around me had husband.  This opened even more doors for depression which open doors for the Satanic attack which I was going though as a new Christian.

When I finally came to position of "not my will but Thy will be done", those doors closed!

James 1 ... 13Let no man say when he is tempted,  I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:  14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust (strong desire for something), and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 

When we give up our desires and desire HIS will for us, everything changes.

Phil 2 ...  5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.  9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him,


Then God began teaching me about spiritual warfare and taking thoughts captive to make them obedient to the word of God.

II Cor. 10 ... 3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;  6And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. 

Please read:  Booklet # 2 ... Dealing with destructive thoughts