Sunday, September 21, 2014

John 15:19

Pam Padgett - teacher


John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

God has chosen us out of the world, apart from the ways of the world, to go in His ways, to obey His Word.  And we are hated and reproached by those of the world as we do this.  

Those of the world are in darkness.  Its not possible to walk in light and darkness at the same time.  I can't walk in what they may think of me or what they think of anything else (such as what they think of the golf course) ... only in the Word given me by God. 

Ways of the world would join me with those of the world.  Such as "if you can't say something nice (pleasing to man), say nothing".  They would want to be around me if I please and approve them by joining in their ways.

When I cling to, speak, and do according to what the Holy Spirit brings to me, it pleases God, not man. Those of the world don't want to be around me unless I please them.

But I have been chosen out of the ways of the world to something much better ... to belong to God and serve Him.

As Jesus was reproached, I will be reproached for doing the will of God.   This isn't strange.  It doesn't show a problem.  It shows I belong to God and have His Spirit, and am not of the world.

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

It brings me joy to think on this.