Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Explaining the Lord's Supper

Joseph Meriweather ... pastor


I dreamed last night that I was trying explain to a group of people about the LORD SUPPER,
I Corinthians;11-20-34 ...but mainly I was speaking to them about JOHN 6;51-68

There also a catholic priest was there. Many of them were taking crackers and grape juice.   I kept asking them about JOHN 6. 51-58   
Jesus said ... I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

In the dream, no one could tell me what it meant. Then I woke up, then it came to my mind, which I  believe it was the SPIRIT OF GOD, that it takes the revealed WORD OF GOD.  THEN YOU MUST BELIEVE. 

One day me and my sister in law were talking about JOHN 6 ;51-68 ,and out of her mouth she said."This the WORD OF GOD."  But she did not believe it. She went back believing the Lord's supper  was those crackers and grape juices. 

Matthew 1613- When JESUS came into region of Caesarea Philippi , He asked his disciples,saying WHO do men say that I the SON OF MAN AM ?14. SO THEY said ,some say JOHN the baptist,  some ELIJAH,  and other JEREMIAH or one of the  prophet ' 15.he said to them ,but who do you say that I am ? 16.Simon Peter  answered and said ,YOU are the CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD . 17.BLESSED are you , Simon BARJONAH, FOR flesh and blood has not revealed this to you ,but MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN .


GOD chose to reveal this to PETER.  And Peter also believed  



The same in JOHN 6 ;52-68 they had to believe .



52. The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves , saying ,How can this man give us flesh to eat?  53..Then JESUS said to them ,Most assuredly , I say to you , unless you eat the flesh of the SON OF MAN  and drink his blood , you have no life in you .. 54.Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life ,and I will raise him up at the last day .55.For my flesh is food indeed ,and my blood is drink indeed.56.HE who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me ,and I in him.


57.As the living FATHER sent me ,and I live because of the FATHER ,so he who feeds on me will live because of me .58.This is the bread which came down from heaven not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.


59. These things he said in the synagogue as he taught in  CAPERNAUM .60.  THEREFORE many of his disciple ,when they heard this said ,This is a hard saying ;who can understand it?


61. When JESUS knew in himself that his disciples complained about this ,He said to them ,Does this offend you? 62.When then if you should see the SON OF MAN ascend where he was before ? 63.IT is the SPIRIT who gives life ; the flesh profits noting .THE words that I speak to you are SPIRIT ,and they are life.64.BUT there are some of you who do not believe.FOR JESUS KNEW FROM THE BEGINNING  WHO THEY were who did not believe,and who would betray him.


65.And he said ,Therefore I  have said to you that no one can come to me unless it has been granted to him by my FATHER.


66.  From that time many of his disciples went back and walked with him no more.


67.Then JESUS  said to the twelve.  DO you also want to go away? 


68. But SIMON PETER answered him LORD , TO whom shall we go? You have the WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE. Jn. 6

Those words in verses 68 . is wonderful that PETER HAD SAID
 --------------------------------------------------

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I was visiting my aunt, when I was a child, she would take me to church with her.  They had crackers and grape juice which they called "The Lord's Supper" ... They had a little table at the front which said, "This do in rememberance of ME."   I would take the cracker and grape juice and try to copy my aunt.  After I became a Christian, I didn't understand this.  Although I would follow others and take the cracker and grape juice, I didn't know what it was doing and I didn't know what I was supposed to do.  There was no power at all in the taking of the cracker and grape juice.

Years later, I came to understand that the Lord's supper is not eating crackers and drinking grape juice.  (I would not participate today in eating crackers and drinking grape juice at church gatherings for this is not the Lord's supper.)

The Lord's supper is the Word of God.  The way we deal with scriptures is the eating and drinking of the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

And when it says in I Cor. 11 to "examine ourselves" ... we examine ourselves by the Word of God, making changes in our lives as needed.  And we "judge ourselves" by the Word of God.

All this pertains to the eating and drinking of the WORD (which is Jesus) ... It has nothing at all to do with crackers/grape juice as men have set up by natural eyes in the church groups today.

Reading the following, consider the Lord's supper as being the way we deal with the Word of God and this will make sense to those who are of God.

Paul said:  For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.  25After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord

28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. (As we read the Bible or focus on a Word given by the Spirit of God, we "examine" ourselves by that Word making needed changes in our lives, being recreated in the image of God by conforming to that Word given us by the Holy Spirit of God.)  29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. (HE that eats and drinks the Word from God unworthily, failing to make needed changes, brings judgment upon himself.) 30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. (We judge ourselves by that Word from God which shows us God's way and God's view of the situation at hand.  When we choose to go according to God's view and give up our own way and our own thoughts, then we "judge" ourselves.)  32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. I Cor. 11
==================================================================================