Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dealing with a troubled heart

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently Pam presented such an interesting teaching ...

She said:

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me
While considering this verse, I thought of how Jesus is the Word.  Yet, even though we believe in God, the Creator of all things, it is sometimes more difficult to believe … to the point of doing … a word that the Spirit of God has drawn to our attention. When being led to look into a scripture, especially if it is one I have read many times before, I have sometimes been stopped by a thought … “Do I really believe this?”  … and examined myself.   A verse can seem so familiar that I assume I believe it, but that may not be the case. 
What is God saying in this verse? Do I truly believe this?

Is there any evidence in my life that I believe what I’m told here?  

----------------------

On Pam's writing ... I was going over it examining myself.

"Is there any evidence in my life that I believe what I'm told here?"

I thought of the scripture ... "The Lord is my shepherd.  I shall not want." Psa. 23:1

Is there any evidence that I believe this?

I thought of the sound system that I have purchased over the past 2 years.   If I didn't believe Psa. 23:1, then I probably would not have been free to spend that money on the sound system.  I would have to keep all the money possible in case I needed it.

I'm certainly not implying for us to foolishly spend all our money.  But to hold onto everything in fear of future can't be right either.

The sound system is evidence that I believe this: "The Lord is my shepherd.  I shall not want."

And I began to think of other scriptures and I examined myself to see if I really believe what that scripture is saying to me.  What evidence do I have in my life that I believe that scripture?

Faith is not an invisible vapor.  Faith is based on the Word we have heard from God.  Faith is tangible.

When I hear people say, "Oh, God will never allow that to happen to me."  I often ask them how they know that.  What is the evidence?  What word did God speak to them on the matter at hand?  Do they really have faith based on a specific word from the Spirit of God on the issue?  Or are the conjuring up a scripture based on their own mind.  There is a vast difference between hearing from the Spirit of God and trying to believe based on something you have from your fleshly mind.  The word from the Spirit of God will never fall.

Jesus speaks of the church being built upon revelation from God ... upon the "revealed" word from God on the specific issue at hand ...

13When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist:  some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  Mt. 16

Peter was blessed because God revealed Jesus to him.

The church is built upon that word that God reveals by HIS Spirit ... one issue at a time.

And the gates of hell shall not prevail against that revealed Word that God gives us by HIS Spirit.
=======================================================================