Tuesday, May 22, 2012

But is it really the will of God?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

You might want to do something ... It might even be very easy for you to do that which you want to do... It may even seem like the right thing do to ... and it may even seem "spiritual".

But is it the will of God for you to do that?

An example:  A person in charge of a Christian school wrote me a few days ago asking me to send any books that we have so their students could read these books.  I replied that we don't have any books.  All we have are the things which we print on internet and they are welcome to make copies of these and distribute them to people.

The next day, I awoke thinking of how easy it would be for me to write a book.  I even pictured the title of a book.  I knew how to contact various publishers.  I could even picture such a book being on tables in Christian book stores.

But is it the will of God to do that?  

Let me tell you how God settled this for me.  A few hours after praying, I was reminded of one word, "copyright" ... 

Published books have "copyrights", prohibiting you from copying the book.

But I would want people to be free to copy and distribute materials.

God showed me HIS will by this one word on the issue ... "copyright" ...

I laughed.

Something can seem right ... it can seem a "good thing" ... and still not be the will of God ...

I received an email today from someone who is planning to go into a very difficult area and "speak the gospel" to the unsaved.  The person writing showed obvious fear but was determined to go anyway.

Those going better be certain it is really God showing them to do this.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God  I Jn. 4


Try the "spirit" that brought that idea ... How? ... Pray, asking God if this is really what HE wants you to do.

Wait until God confirms this to you. 

Jesus said:  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Mt. 7

You must be certain it is God authoring the work ... otherwise it will be in vain.  And so many will come in the day of judgment holding up their good works only to find out (too late) that God never authored these works.  To those persons Jesus will say, "I never knew you" ... and Jesus will even call those "good works" works of "iniquity."

So be sure it is God telling you to do something before you do it.

========================================================================