Saturday, May 12, 2012

My help comes from the Lord

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Psalm 121
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. 


3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.  4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Our help comes from God, the creator of heaven and earth.  There is none other to help us in whatever we face, whether big or small matters.

When I moved back to Colorado many years ago, I was strongly reminded of the first two verses of Psalm 121 but didn’t understand why these verses were so strongly called to my attention.  About a year later, I again looked at these two verses and was reminded of all that had happened since moving here.  There had been many problems with people to deal with, in addition to getting settled in a new job and home.  Yet in each thing, God had helped me.  Without fail, God had been my help.   As I looked back at the year, I was so grateful to God!

This morning some destructive thoughts came to me.  This afternoon I realized I hadn’t dealt with these before God and wrote them down so I wouldn’t let them slip.  When I looked at the list (about six thoughts) there was yet another thought that there were too many to deal with, and that God wouldn’t help me with all of these.   However, we’re told to take every thought that is against truth from God captive to what God has said … 
2 Corinthians 10: 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

So, I started taking each thought to God.  And, one by one, I was given something that brought light from God about the thought.  Before long, each thought had been dealt with.

A little later I saw Psalm 121, and stopped to consider how God is always our help.  Whether we’re dealing with outward problems or with thoughts from the devil, God will help us when we turn to Him. 


The initial destructive thoughts had to do with a situation with my sister, Pat.  One of her daughters (Allison) is living with a man, and they have a young child.  In December Pat told me that she, her husband (Al), Allison, the man she is living with, and their child planned to come here in July.   Al, Pat and their children have stayed with me in the past when they come here.  However, I told Pat that I couldn’t allow Allison and the man she is living with to stay here.  Pat and I had previously discussed that Allison is committing fornication, and I told her that I wouldn’t approve, or appear to approve, the fornication by having them stay together in my home.  Al and Pat decided they would all stay in a motel/hotel.  Since then, Pat told me the man Allison is living with will not be coming, but that they all still plan to stay in a motel/hotel. Pat and Al are probably afraid of what I might say to Allison if they stayed here.
When I turned to God with these destructive thoughts, I was reminded of Romans 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil.  Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power?  Do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same.  

------------------------

One destructive thought that came was that I probably look "mean" to Pat and Al ... 

When I prayed about this, I was reminded of ... 
Galatians 1: 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

---------------------------

Then ...If I would let them, Pat and Al probably want to stay at my house. 

I was reminded that I did not tell Pat and Al they couldn’t stay at my house.  This was what they decided when I said that Allison and the man she is living with couldn’t stay here.  (the devil really twists things!)
_________________

Then there was this thought:  I’m causing Al to have to spend more money for this vacation than should be .

After prayer about this, I was reminded of: Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin is death; ..
(I was surprised to be reminded of this particular verse, and asked God if I had heard correctly.  I had the impression of there is a financial penalty or “death” in how they are handling the situation)
<    _________________
  
      Then there was the thought:  Pat will probably tell Dad and Mom that they aren’t staying at my house and why.  The resulting conversation will probably be against me.

God reminded me of ...Romans 8: 31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
<    _________________
        
      Then there was the amazing thought ...There are too many thoughts to deal with; God won’t help me with all of these.

The Holy Spirit says ...God has told us to do deal with each of these thoughts …  2 Corinthians 10: 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;


========================================================================

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Romans 8

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A few years ago, my neighbor asked me if I would like to rent a room at my house.  I replied, "I didn't think so."  Then he explained he and his wife were having house guests and they didn't have room for everyone.  He wanted to rent a room at my house for his wife's daughter and her "friend".  I said I wouldn't rent a room. I wouldn't take money for room but certainly he could have a room.  But then I asked, "What about this 'friend' ... What does that mean?"   He explained that his wife's daughter is lesbian.  I told him I just could not have lesbians staying at my house.  That ended the situation. Since that time, he and his wife have not "visited" me.

God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.  Romans 1