Thursday, May 17, 2012

Greedy of gain

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Proverbs 15:27 was recently shared with us ...
27 He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house;  but he that hateth gifts shall live.

Although I initially thought of financial gain when considering what we're told here, I was also reminded that we can be greedy for people. 

When I first moved to Colorado Springs, I lived with my grandmother.   Although she was a Christian, she desired to have people come visit, regardless of what came out of their mouths when they came.  She would be troubled but didn't want to say anything that would keep the people from coming back.  When I would get home from work, she would then tell me what these  people had said, and I would have to deal with these things to keep from being troubled. 

Sometimes I felt led to talk to whoever had said what was disturbing, but Grandma would get upset with me for doing this.  After about 9 months, I decided to move to an apartment, knowing that I couldn't live with all the people Grandma "lived" with. 

We trouble ourselves and those of our house (those who are godly) if we desire to have people around us, regardless of what they do and say. 

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.