Friday, May 18, 2012

Taking care of children

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 1979, I had this dream ... I was traveling with a group of people and we landed on a small island.  It was very hot, dusty ... There were several children on the island.  It was like a pineapple field.  The group was getting ready to leave and all of a sudden I realized they were going to leave be behind to take care of those children.  I said, "I won't stay ... I won't stay ..."  Then I added, "Unless you want me to stay."  (They did want me to stay and they left.)  There was a pastor and his wife on the island but they wouldn't come out of their house.

So since 1979 I have been taking care of those "children" ... the church.


Several years ago, a woman came to me and said, "What do we call you?  Do we call you Reverend?"

I was horrified at the idea of being called "reverend" ... and I quickly replied, "NO ... you just call me Joan.   
(They called Paul, Paul ... They called Peter, Peter ... no where in the Bible did they call any human Reverend ...")

9He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is HIS name. Psa. 119:9

(Paul often identified himself as an apostle/teacher ... Certainly it is proper to refer to a minister as apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher ... Eph. 4 ... but not "Father" or "Reverend"...)

Jesus said ...

The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat: 3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 

5But all their works they do for to be seen of men:  they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,  6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 

8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 

9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 

10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. Mt. 23