Thursday, May 10, 2012

Not my will but THY will be done

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday I received email from a "young" woman (at least by her email she seemed young.)  She was desperate and wrote:  "I have called down Heaven, asked for the blessings and promises in God's word but nothing has happened.  I have been waiting over 2 years for financial breakthrough.  I CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE.  I NEED IMMEDIATE RELIEF.  Somebody please help me, please.  Nothing has materialized.  I am not weak in my faith, my husband and I have held on in faith, we are just beyond worn out.  We have prayed and prayed and been still, and prayed and prayed.  Now things have got to change ..."

She continued writing on this subject, then she said, "My husband desires the gift of tongues." ... 

I answered her email as follows:

In the l970's, I prayed earnestly over and over for a husband.  All my church friends prayed with me.  It didn't happen because it was not the will of God for me. 

At first I was angry with God ...

Finally, God had mercy on me and I turned from being angry with God and let go of that which I wanted and sought what God wanted for me.  Everything cleared up then.

Relax ... and begin to say daily, "Not my will but Thy will be done."

____________


Concerning your statement of "calling down the blessings from heaven" ...

Deut. 28 ... 
 
1And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: 2And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. 3Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. 4Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. 5Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store. 6Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out. 7The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. 8The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. 9The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

As you go about your day, pay special attention to any scripture that comes to your mind.  Or if you are reading the Bible, and a scripture "jumps out at you" and you try to read past that scripture and find you just can't read past it, stop and focus on that scripture.  If you see anything to do to conform to that scripture, make changes in your life.  This is the way we are recreated in the image of God.  It is meditating on the word of God, on those verses brought to mind by the Holy Spirit.

Do you currently have food and clothing ... if so be content with that.  Don't try to get material things.  Just rejoice that you have food, clothing, health ... and try to obey God daily in all that is called to your mind by the Holy Spirit.

(5Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
 
6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 
9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.  

11But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. I Tim. 6)

This will work.
-----------------
The gifts are given as God wills ... It was the will of God that I be a minister.  I wanted to marry a minister.  I didn't want to be a minister.  I was always shocked when people in our church group wanted to be like me.  

The important thing again is, "Not my will but Thy will be done ...

Ask your husband to look at I Cor. 12 ... seeing that all things are done as God wills ... especially look at ...  
11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE (God) will...
 

18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased Him.

Relax ... and begin to live by "Not my will but Thy will be done."

Lust is "strong desire" ... some of these spiritual lusts can open doors for attacks by devil ... Just submit yourselves to God ... and really learn to mean, "Not my will but Thy will be done" in my life.
And look at James 4:1-4

1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?   2Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. 3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. 

Joan Boney

--------------

After sending the above to this woman, I received an immediate email response from her saying ..."Thank you for your response, whenever you have a moment would you and your ministry please remember my husband and I in prayer.  It would mean so much."

------------------

I told her the following ...

I will pray that you give up your own desires and do what I told you by the Spirit of God ... If you are of the Spirit of God, you can do that.  But the counsel I gave is not of my own wisdom.  It is the way out for you at this point in time.
This is the work prophets do ... Hosea 12 ...
13And by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt (out of the world), and by a prophet was he preserved.

New Testament prophets are used by God to help people to get out of traps (like the trap you and your husband are in) ... and we are used to help people to stay out of traps.

I am one of those NT prophets ... and what I delivered to you has the power to help you to get free from your current torment if you do the counsel ... "Not my will but Thy will be done" ...

It is not a matter of prayer ... It is a matter of doing the counsel of God when it comes to you. This will free you.

Joan Boney