Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gathering of the Church

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Concerning the gathering of the church ... Paul said:  Let all things be done decently and in order. I Cor. 14:40

I visited a church group once and the pastor was teaching and a woman jumped up as the pastor was teaching and ran around the room waving her hands and shouting, "Praise God" ... and the people and the pastor laughed, thinking this was a great moving of the "Spirit" ... but it was not the Spirit of God.  Rather it was a devil.  It should have been stopped immediately.  It was not edifying (did not build up the church nor instruct the body of Christ). 

Paul also said, concerning the gathering of the church ... Let all things be done unto edifying. I Cor. 14:26

edify means:  to instruct in ways of godliness ... to build the church in spiritual ways ...

At another church where I visited, the pastor said, "This is youth day.  We are turning our service over to the president of our youth group."

A teenaged boy took the pulpit and explained the teens had just had a weekend retreat and he had a movie to show of the retreat.  The movie showed girls with their hair in rollers and boys running about flipping a towel at girls.  Nothing spiritual was presented.  It was just teenagers showing off.

After the service I asked the pastor if I could make an appointment and speak with him.  He said he had time immediately.  So we went into his office and I explained that when we come together in the church those things presented to the church are supposed to be edifying.  The teenage thing was not edifying and if he is going to turn the church over to teenagers they needed to learn that they had to speak things that edified the body of Christ.

The pastor became very angry ... He said, "I've been doing this 26 years and I know what I am doing."

I replied, "Well ... I think I've shared with you all that I am to share ..."  and I left that church group never to return again.

I was speaking to a church group in Seattle a few years ago.  A baby began crying.  I asked, "Is the baby sick?  If so we need to stop right now and pray for the baby."  The parent said the baby was not sick.  I replied, "Then you need to attend immediately to the baby for it is disrupting the meeting."  (probably the baby was hungry or needed dipper changed)  The parent stormed out of the building shouting evil things at me. I waiting for a few seconds and continued the meeting in peace.  We do not allow disruption in the gathering of the church.

------------------

Paul said the following instructions are the commandment of the Lord for the gathering of the church.

26How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation.  I Cor. 14

Sadly, the churches are set up over and over by the will of man and not by the commandment of the LORD.

Most people are just following what they have seen other humans do rather than following scripture.  And for this reason the Spirit of God is often blocked in the gathering of the church.

I had the following dream about this:  In this dream, I went into a church building.  It was filled with people.  I went upstairs to balcony and found one available seat in the middle of row.  I sat down in that seat.  A woman pointed to a pole in front of me and she said, "You can't see much from that seat."  I replied, "OH that's OK ... there's never much to see in these places anyway."

When the church gathering is set up restricting the service to only a few approved speakers on a platform, the Spirit of God is limited and often there isn't much to see in such a place.  You must free the Spirit of God by setting the church up according to the commandment of the Lord.  I Cor. 14