Friday, May 11, 2012

God prepares table before us

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Psalm 23: 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
While reading in Psalm 23 today, I recalled something that happened many years ago when I first moved to Colorado Springs.  One of my relatives was a hair stylist and I made an appointment for her to cut my hair.  Unfortunately, the things that came out of her mouth as she cut my hair were terrible, even though she calls herself a Christian.  As the Holy Spirit brought truth about what she said, I would speak these things, but she became increasingly angry.  Although she would change subjects, what she said about everything was very bad.  It was a very difficult 20-30 minutes. 
As I left the building, I felt physically weak and turned to God, asking Him why I felt so weak.  I heard “You’ve been poisoned.”  This woman’s words were like poison, and greatly affected me, even to the point of affecting how I felt physically. 
When I returned home I started taking each thing she had said and asked God to heal me.  God helped me with each and every thing, giving me exactly what was needed. 

After working through everything she had said, I was amazed at the wealth of scriptures that had been brought to my attention to heal me, and how I was strengthened by thinking on these things.  It was like a banquet of pure, wholesome food had been given to me to restore me.  I was reminded of the first part of Psalm 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

I’m often reminded of Psalm 23:5 when praying about what people have said or thoughts that have been brought by the devil, and God lays out before me exactly what I need.  The enemy brings what would destroy, but God provides wonderful, pure food that nourishes and strengthens us instead.