Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dealing in truth with family

Pam Padgett ... teacher

In December my sister told me that she, her husband, her daughter, the man her daughter was living with, and their child planned to come to Colorado Springs over the July 4 holiday.  She had also mentioned that her daughter and the man she was living with were having "trouble".  There was a thought that maybe he wouldn't come and there would be no need for me to tell my sister that I wouldn't allow the daughter and this man to stay at my home.  Maybe I could just "wait and see" what happened before saying anything. 

But I felt led by God to not wait, to deal with it right away.  I needed to clearly let my sister know the truth about what I would allow in my home, regardless of whether this man actually came.  So I sent my sister an email (it was early in the morning before she usually gets up, and I didn't want to wait until later when I got home from work).  I think this was the morning after we spoke the evening before.   We have also since talked about this on the phone. 

Many times since then I have thanked God for leading me to speak without waiting to see if this man would come.  It freed me from even thinking about what might need to be dealt with at some future point.  And it allowed them to know what plans they needed to make.   But, most importantly, it was truth about the situation.  By speaking it, I am able to walk in light, not darkness. 


(Comments by Joan Boney ... By following God as Pam has done here she became "the head and not the tail ... above only and not beneath ..."  Deut. 28)

Last week I found out another way I was helped by being led to deal with this right away.  In the past when my sister and her husband came here over the July 4 holiday, they would stay two, or at the most three, days.  Last week I found out that they had planned to be here almost a week, arriving on Sunday, and leaving on Friday.  To have people, including a 4-year old child, in my home this long would have been very difficult for me.  I am so grateful to God that this will not happen.  

This morning I was reminded of the following regarding this ...
Psalm 32:8 8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
=======================================================================