Thursday, May 17, 2012

What have I heard from God?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Faith is always based on ... "What does God want me to do is this situation?"  "What have I heard from God in this issue?"

Faith starts with what God has said about the issue at hand.

I've heard people say, "OH God would never let that happen."

I always ask for evidence ... "How do you know that?"

Faith is tangible.  It is always based on that which God has spoken to us by His Spirit concerning the exact issue at hand.

There is a very subtle difference between hearing from God by His Spirit and looking for God's will with your own flesh by hunting a scripture to justify your desire.

For example:  I can prove by scripture that I should marry.  none shall want her mate ... Isa. 34:16   This was just one of many scriptures which I found to justify what I wanted.  But it was not God's will for me to marry.  Though I stood on all manner of scripture.  My faith was not weak.  The doctrine I was being taught at our church at the time this happened was false doctrine.  (You question my faith?  Read blogs May 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

We leave God out of the picture when we desire something and find scripture to justify our desires.

Instead, we must commit the desire to God and then come to the position Jesus came to concerning the cross ...   nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.  Lk. 22