Sunday, May 27, 2012

God help me!

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist

During our son James' earlier years, he went to a special school for Autistic children. He wasn't getting enough speech therapy or occupational therapy at school, so after finding out that the hospital in our neighborhood had both available, I took him every Monday to Elmhurst General Hospital for these services. The hospital is within walking distance from our house. Whenever I was outside with James I always held his hand for safety purposes. However one Monday as we were walking home James pulled away from my grip and ran across the street. A car was also coming down this street, so I screamed out "God help me!" The man in that car slammed on his brakes, and James' life was spared.
===================================================================================