Saturday, May 12, 2012

Word from God in a battle

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I owned my business in Dallas in 1975, a young woman came in and purchased a book on subject of American Indian Arts.  A week or so later, she returned and wanted refund for the book.  We didn't not give refunds for books.  She would not take no for answer and threatened to stay in store until we closed.  I reached for phone to call police to have her removed.  She said in threatening tone, "Go ahead ... call the police."  For some reason I put the phone down.  Words escalated and she grabbed me (as I recall) and she was stronger than I and ended up pushing me all the way to back of store.  Then she said, "I'm sorry ... I'm so sorry."  And she left the shop.

A week or so later, I received notice that a warrant had been issued for my arrest on charge of assault.  It was terrifying and shocking.  This young woman filed criminal charges against me.  I contacted my lawyer.  The first thing he told me is the worst thing that could happen if we should lose the case.  I think it was something like a $200 fine. As "defendant" we could choose a jury trial or let the case be decided by the judge.  We selected the judge.

As we prepared for the case, I heard these words, "Don't testify." I told my lawyer that he might not want to represent me because I felt God had told me not to testify.  Gordon that was all right.  He explained that we had Flo (woman who worked for me) who witnessed the event and she would testify.  Gordon did say that if I testified there was no way we could lose the case and if I didn't testify he didn't know what would happen.

Flo (who worked for me) became angry with me because she was having to testify and I was not going to testify.  She felt all the burden was on her.

The man I was dating was upset with me and he said, "You're not doing this girl any favors by not testifying."  I explained again to Bob that I couldn't testify ... that I believed God told me not to testify. I prayed several times on this one subject concerning testifying and always heard, "Don't testify."

We got to trial.  Flo testified.  My lawyer came to me and said, "Flo's testimony wasn't as strong as he would have liked and if I would testify we would win the case."

I replied, "Let me see ... so I went to restroom in courthouse and prayed and I heard, 'Don't testify.'" (I remember saying to God, "I hope you know what we're doing... we're going to lose this case." )

I returned to courtroom and just shook my head "no".


The first day of the trial was on "good Friday" ... Then court was dismissed for weekend.  We were ordered to present a paper document showing the date of purchase of the book.  Everyone who worked for me gathered at my business to hunt the document.  I had no real hope that we would find this receipt for my keeping of paper items was not very good.  I was only interested in the art objects we sold.  I was rather frantic during the search.  Bob told me to go home.  They continued to search.  Amazingly they found the document.  It was stuffed inside one of the pieces of Indian pottery at the shop.  I was acquitted of the charge.

Then the woman filed a civil suit against me.  Somehow my insurance company became involved and they said, "Don't worry.  We'll deal with her."  I never heard another word after that about the suit.

Fearing God above man is the key.  When God tells you something, if you are fully persuaded it is God speaking, no matter what the consequences might be, you must do it.
=======================================================================